[artinfo] (fwd) //surveillance//

Janos Sugar sj@c3.hu
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:36:39 +0200

Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 13:26:01 +1000
=46rom: s|a|m <sam@media.com.au>
Subject: New List - //surveillance// - Please join if interested...

> newlist surveillance

The //surveillance// list is for posting  and receiving information, news=
 and ideas about the broad field of surveillance. Posts about technologies,=
 implementations, implications and responses are all welcome. Lurking is=
 fine too!

This list is less of a discussion list and more of an information=
 distribution list. However, discussion and personal points of view will be=
 not be moderated out and will form an important part of the list content.

Surveillance is occuring in various forms - with and without our consent at=
 many levels in all of our societies. The aim of this list is to provide a=
 space for gathering what surveillance  is doing - intentionally or=
 indirectly - on your self, in your bedroom, around the corner and around=
 the world.

To join - send an email to surveillance-request@lists.myspinach.org with the=
 word 'subscribe' in the subject field.=20
Or visit http://lists.myspinach.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/surveillance

Please join - your agency is encouraged... Please forward to others who may=
 be interested.

There is a plan being developed to hold a Surveillance Festival (which would=
 include a forum, amongst other activities) some time around mid-2002 in=
 Melbourne, Australia. This list would inform the structure of this Festival=
=2E