[artinfo] Lena Lapschina at MAK and Kunstraum

Lena von Lapschina lena at culturepress.at
Sun Apr 2 00:25:26 CEST 2006

Tuesday night, 4 April 2006, 8 p. m., at MAK, I will show
TRANCE_SIBERIA, a 3-hour filmic triptych.
Thursday night, 6 April 2006, 8 p. m., at Kunstraum
Niederoesterreich, I present a spaced out visuals work, GAGARIN PARTY.

TRANCE_SIBERIA    A Filmic Action by Lena Lapschina
The "trance_siberia" party, a MAK NITE event curated by Andi Kristof,
will put visitors into that specific "trance_siberia" state that you
are likely to lapse into on one of those endless rides on the
Trans-Siberian Railway. In her filmic action, Lena Lapschina gives an
impression of some of the pastimes of the passengers. With the
ever-same landscape passing by in the train-car window, hours and
hours are spent reading, speaking, eating, drinking, and dreaming,
like in a trance. Lena Lapschina projects her filmic work on three
screens, making it a spatial experience. The film is accompanied by
live music of "Nuclear Los" of Novosibirsk, one of the big names of
the Russian electronic scene.

PS: Both places are in the very city centre of Vienna. At both events
you will enjoy live acts by my friends Nuclear Los. Refreshments.

PPS: how to get there:
MAK, Stubenring 5, Vienna: tube station U3-Stubentor
Kunstraum Niederoesterreich, Herrengasse 13, Vienna: tube station
U3-Herrengasse